The entity was established according to the presidential decree No. 29/1993 under the name of a technical inspection on the construction work, following the devastating earthquake that hit the Arab Republic of Egypt in 1992. The entity is specialized in inspecting performance, control and follow-up on the works of the competent administrative authorities of planning affairs, organization units, local, and with regard to licensing the establishment of buildings or the expansion, strengthening, demolition, or making any external finishes. Administratively, this entity follows the Ministry of Housing.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Technical Staff’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Technical inspection of all acts of competent administrative authorities of planning affairs and organization units for the issuance of licenses for the construction of buildings or setting up a business, expanding or increasing the height, or modifying, strengthening, demolishing, or making any external finishes prescribed by law regulations.
- Directing and organizing verification of matching licenses referred to the provisions of the Act directing the organization of construction work and its implementing regulations and decisions, implementing it and all the existing legislation related to the establishment of facilities and the provision of safety and security.
- Inspection of the implementation of all business buildings and construction of foundations and concrete buildings and acts healthy and electrical systems, elevators and other acts of unauthorized, and verification of their implementation in accordance with the licenses issued and supported drawings, and the conditions and technical specifications.
Construction work: particularly related to security and fire in buildings and shelters for cars necessary for the analysis and testing of materials used in the construction and preparation of periodic reports on the results of inspections, monitoring and follow-up flying the competent Minister of Housing and Utilities and Minister of Local Administration and purses are competent to consider.
The Technical Staff also provides the following services:
- A special office to serve the citizens with receiving complaints and requests and to respond to inquiries and follow-up of their own subjects, without a fee.
- Coordinating with the relevant authorities to issue the license, including Civil Aviation Authority, effects, Culture, to simplify the procedure in cooperation with the Egyptian Group to secure civil liability on the dangers of construction work (Decile) and coordination with the Engineers Association to control certificates of overseeing the implementation of the advisory reports to ensure structural integrity of the buildings during implementation.
- Inventory buildings, government facilities and setting up a database with a review of the availability requirements of the dangers of fire protection – this in addition to other similar services.