This is an open invitation for you and anyone interested in urban development and the built environment of Greater Cairo to post, contribute to, or send us your experiences and knowledge about successful approaches and initiatives of urban development in different neighborhoods. Please help us exchange ideas and connect people and initiatives to each other so we can learn from each other and create positive change in our cities. We are eager to publish news about your initiative on our website and other social media platforms or film an interview with you about your initiative.
You can contribute to Tadamun’s website in the following ways:
- Explain to us why your initiative was successful and how it can be repeated in other communities or in other situations. What would make your project a successful model of urban development in other areas of Greater Cairo?
- Add your group’s contact information to our database which already includes many government agencies, non-governmental organizations, donors, civil society organizations, informal groups, coalitions and popular committees working in this field.
- Send us your reports or research (published and unpublished) for our database. We designed our publicly accessible and searchable bi-lingual database to help transfer and spread knowledge about urban development from one community to another. Yet, we need your help to build this database so it can be useful to residents trying to negotiate how to improve their neighborhoods, professionals in the field, students, researchers, activists, local government officials, politicians, decision makers, the media, and the general public.
- Please contribute to our website’s other sections such as Know Your Rights, Know Your City (send us the coordinates of your project/group and other community landmarks which may not be on other maps), Egyptian projects/initiatives in urban development, Voices from Cairo (tell us about your neighborhood; tell us about its character; what makes it unique; its problems and challenges), or the Urban Power Map.
- Let us know how we can improve our website and its materials, and how we can better serve as an informational, research, urbanist, and activist node for improving our cities and creating better polices to improve them.